Back during the 2012 presidential campaign, Mitt Romney made the statement that Russia is our number one geopolitical foe. Obama and the Democrats laughed at Romney for this statement, saying that Romney was out of touch and still living in the Cold War. In 2008 Sarah Palin predicted that Russia might invade the Ukraine because of Obama’s indecisiveness. She was derided for being an ignorant snowbilly who couldn’t understand that Barack Obama was bringing forth a new era of smart diplomacy. During the 2012 Vice-Presidential debate, Paul Ryan emphasized that we live in a dangerous world, which thanks to President Obama’s actions, or rather inactions, was becoming more dangerous. Joe Biden giggled at such a foolish statement.
Well, it looks as though Russia is preparing to invade the Ukraine. We seem to be entering into a new Cold War with Russia. Russia is negotiating for access to bases for its ships and bombers in strategic spots throughout the world. Who’s laughing now?
The bad guys all over the world, that’s who. They know that a weakened America gives them more freedom to act, often in ways that do not promote the cause of peace and freedom. I hope that those who believe that America is what’s wrong with the world are paying attention to what is happening in the world. We have had several decades of (relative) peace and prosperity. Many people in the West have come to believe that this is what is the norm. It is not. If America is weak or fails uphold its responsibilities for helping to keep the peace in the world, things could get very bad, very quickly. Then, none of us will be laughing.
- Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney were right about Russia – the media and Obama were wrong (fireandreamitchell.com)
- Sarah Palin: ‘I told you so on Ukraine’ (thegreatone22.wordpress.com)
- Remember When Obama Mocked Romney Over Russia With This Snide Comment During 2012 Debate? (mikesright.wordpress.com)
- Did Sarah Palin Predict Russia Invading Ukraine If Obama Got Elected? (askmarion.wordpress.com)
- Cold War II? Obama legacy hangs on Russia (thenewstribune.com)
- Obama and the major media owe Sara Palin and Mitt Romney an apology (cryandhowl.com)