The Getty Images photo was taken at a Romney/Ryan campaign event in Lancaster, Ohio on Friday. A Romney spokesperson commented that the shirt was “reprehensible and has no place in this election.”
Of course, it is just barely possible that this man was a plant to make the Romney Campaign look like racists. Would the Democrats do something like that. Well, consider Mary Frances Berry‘s response on the question of whether branding the Tea Party as racist is effective.
Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one’s opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness.
I am not certain whether Ms. Berry approves if this strategy or not, but she believes it to be effective. Other Democrats with fewer qualms about this sort of thing would have no problem sending a man with this shirt in. On the other hand, every movement, party and candidate attracts their share of idiots, crazies and losers. I think he is a plant, though. It is odd how many Liberals have jumped on this lone example as proof of Conservative racism.
- offensive ‘Put the White Back in the White House’ t-shirt spotted at Romney rally (innerstandingisness.com)
- The Democratic Party’s Long History of Racism (americanthinker.com) Yeah, they’re the party of slavery, segregration and the Ku Klux Klan.
- ‘Put the White Back in the White House’ T-Shirt on Romney/Ryan Supporter (newstalkcleveland.com)
- The ‘new’ Republican Party – ‘Man At Romney Rally Wears Mindblowingly Offensive Shirt’ (therealwithdarylanddevon.wordpress.com)
- Romney’s Dog-Whistle Campaign Bears Predictable Fruit (crooksandliars.com) Funny thing, only Liberals can hear these dog whistles.