By now, just about everyone who might be reading this post knows something of what has going on with Mozilla and its eleven day CEO Brendan Eich. For the heinous crime of donating $1000 in support of California’s anti-gay marriage Proposition 8, a position held by none other than then Senator Barack Obama. For this thought crime, Mr. Eich has been obliged to leave.
This isn’t about gay marriage. It isn’t really about freedom of expression, or the right to donate to political causes without fear of retribution. This is about the most fundamental right of all , the right to be left alone to live our lives as we see fit.
Notice that the people who were blown up were not actually opposed to the Green agenda. Their crime was simply that they were not sufficiently enthusiastic. I don’t want to live in that kind of world. I don’t want to boycott Mozilla or stop using Firefox. I don’t want to make decisions on what I buy or use based on the political ideas of the providers. I would rather just live my life and express my opinions and let everyone else alone. If there are differences of opinions, I would rather discuss or debate the matter and not have to worry about being punished for taking the wrong side, or punishing others for disagreeing with me. It would seem, however, that those of us who want to be left alone and to leave others alone are not going to be allowed to do that. Since this is the world the busybodies and the bullies seem to want, I guess we will just have to push back until they go away.
I do not know if the people who run Mozilla are cowards who give in to the least pressure, from the right sort of people, or if they can be included among the bullies. It really doesn’t matter. They have shown that they are on the side against liberty and so do not deserve any support from me. I will uninstall Firefox.
- Mozilla CEO Resigns Amid Criticism, Boycott Over Donation Supporting Biblical Marriage (christiannews.net)
- Mozilla CEO Resigns After Anti-Gay Marriage Donations Cause Backlash (goldenageofgaia.com)
- Gay Conservatives Agree: The Gangster-Style Ouster Of Mozilla CEO By Rabid Gay Activists Isn’t A Gay Rights Issue At All (mikesright.wordpress.com)
- Mozilla registers swell of negative feedback following Eich ouster (cactusjaq.wordpress.com) Good.
- FAQ on CEO Resignation (mozilla.org) Trying to please both sides. If they do not come out in defense of freedom, I will not use their products.