Today is Veterans Day. This day began as Armistice Day, November 11 1918 being the day that Germany signed the armistice that ended World War I. President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed the first Armistice Day in 1919 to celebrate the courage of the men who fought and died in that war. The day was changed in 1954 in order to honor the veterans of all the wars of America.
I don’t have anything else to say except Thank You to all of the veterans who have served your country. You are better men and women than I am.
- The History Of Veterans Day (centralctpost.com)
- Armistice Day/Veterans Day (blogs.loc.gov)
- A Day to Be Dedicated to the Cause of World Peace: A Brief Documentary History of Veterans Day (jamesonlawlibrary.wordpress.com)
- Honoring Our Veterans (tracks.lionel.com)
- A Handful of Bullets: How the Murder of Archduke Ferdinand Still Menaces the Peace (ammoland.com)
Tags: Veterans Day