There is a special election coming up next week in Massachusetts for the Senate seat vacated by John Kerry when he became Secretary of State. The Democrats seem to be a bit worried since the polls are showing that the race is likely to be a close one.
BREAKING: With Markey (D) 45, Gomez (R) 44 in GOP poll, Tea Party launches $700,000 ad storm. FIGHT BACK >>
Friend — Karl Rove must think that he can steal John Kerry’s Senate seat at the last second:
With EIGHT DAYS until the election and a terrifying GOP poll showing the race neck-and-neck — Markey (D) 45, Gomez (R) 44 — a Rove-linked Tea Party Super PAC has made a game-changing $700,000 ad buy in Massachusetts.
We can’t let Rove do this to President Obama. If we lose seats like this one, Mitch McConnell will be one huge step closer to completely obstructing every sensible gun law, repealing Obamacare, and ruining Medicare.
It will take $150,000 in the next 24 hours to protect the President’s agenda and stop Karl Rove from stealing this seat and others like it. The President needs you — can you help?
I was not aware that the seat belonged to Kerry or the Democrats. I was under the impression that Senators were elected by the people of their state. In any event the Democrats have little to worry about. as far as anyone can tell, the two men have exactly the same position on issues.
- Senate Dems: Losing Kerry’s Seat “Would Be Crushing Blow to Obama” (thegatewaypundit.com)
- A Republican who isn’t scary (cnn.com) If he doesn’t scare them, he isn’t any good.
- Poll: Markey Leading Gomez In Massachusetts Senate Poll (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Clinton In Mass. For Markey, Gomez Holds Town Hall (boston.cbslocal.com)
- Gabriel Gomez Invites Obama to Rally (hispanicbusiness.com)