The Obama Effect is a movie which has just been released. Contrary to what you may expect, this is not a documentary showing the damage that three years of President’s Obama’s policies has inflicted on the country. Rather, this movie seems to be a full length campaign commercial for Barack Obama. Think of it as Hollywood’s contribution to the Obama campaign.
As far as I can determine from the trailer and website, the plot runs something like this. Charles S. Dutton plays an insurance agent who has a heart attack. He suffers serious brain damage and becomes a full-fledged Obama zombie, dedicating his life to worshipping Obama and seeing him elected president. Naturally, there is a sleazy Republican character. Here is the trailer.
I have to confess that one of the reasons that I have thoroughly disliked Barack Obama, aside from his Socialist ideology and general incompetence, is his willingness to countenance and even encourage the cult of personality shown by his more rabid supporters. Who can forget the Obama kids singing their Dear Leader’s praise?
I do not like or trust charismatic leaders who are worshiped by their supporters. I already have a Messiah. I do not need another one, especially a corrupt Chicago politician. I do not want a larger than life Caesar or Napoleon. I prefer a Cincinnatus who will do the job without fanfare and then return to the plow. I certainly have no desire to see a modern version of Triumph of the Will.
- The real “Obama Effect” (legalinsurrection.com)
- Movie trailer: The Obama Effect (michellemalkin.com)
- ‘The Obama Effect’: New film inspired by president’s 2008 campaign (thegrio.com)
- New Pro-Obama Movie Seeks To Revive Obama Cult-of-Personality Fanaticism (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Here Is the Plot of ‘The Obama Effect’ (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Hey, need a Big Ass Laugh – Watch “The Obama Effect” Movie Trailer (ferrellgummit.wordpress.com)