Well, today is the long awaited primary here in Indiana. I had hoped that the Presidential contest would last this long so that we here in Indiana would actually get a choice, but we had no such luck. Oh well.I voted as a Republican, of course.
Ron Paul is still running along with Mitt Romney but Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum were still on the ballot. I decided to vote for Santorum. Romney will win of course, but we don’t want him to get cocky. There was only one choice for governor, Mike Pence. We do have an exciting race for Senator. I voted for Richard Mourdock. Thanks to redistricting, the Madison area was moved from the ninth to sixth Congressional district. The incumbent Congressman, Mike Pence, is off running for Governor, so both the Democrats and Republicans an open seat to fill. There were seven candidates so I picked the one whose name seemed most familiar, Travis Hankins. There were also a number of local races, usually with only one, or no candidates to vote for.
- Indiana’s Lugar Looks to Battle Tea Party Rival in Primary (usnews.com)
- Donnelly looks past Lugar (politico.com)
- Sen. Dick Lugar to learn his fate in Indiana; N.C. votes on marriage amendment (abcnews.go.com)
- First Thoughts: Five reasons Lugar likely loses (firstread.msnbc.msn.com)
- PRUDEN: Can Indiana nice save an old lion Lugar? (washingtontimes.com)