Remember how the Main Stream Media insisted that the TEA party movement was racist, despite all evidence to the contrary. They even imagined that anti-Obamacare protesters shouted racial slurs at members of the Congressional Black Caucus. Amazingly no one managed to capture these comments on video, in an age when everybody has a camera in their cell phone.
Well, Zombie has some pictures of the good people at Occupy Los Angeles over at Pajamas Media. Apparently some of the people at the Occupy protests are just a little well anti-Semitic.
I am not quite sure these people represent 99% of the American population. Maybe 99% of Egypt or Saudi Arabia.
There’s more, including videos at Pajamas Media.
- The Anti Semitism at Occupy Wall Street (desertpeace.wordpress.com) This guy insists that there is no anti-Semitism at the Occupy rallies. It’s those “Israeli propagandist idiots” who say that there is. And, the first comment warns that the Zionists are trying to infiltrate. I stand corrected. Next time I won’t believe my lying eyes.
- OCCUPY WALL STREET: Anti-Semitic Rhetoric Popular Among Protesters (updated) (pumabydesign001.wordpress.com)
Lately, I have been reading Ancient Rome: The Rise and Fall of an Empire by Simon Baker. This is, obviously a history of the Roman Empire. I am up to the time when the Republic broke down over the stresses caused by Rome’s rise to empire and the Republic’s transformation into the dictatorship we call the Empire. This process began when the political elite of Rome thought only of their own selfish interests and no longer considered the interests of the governed. Conditions became so bad and the leadership so corrupt that the dictatorship of Julius Caesar was preferable to the rule of the Senate.
Why does all of this seem strangely familiar? Is the American Republic doomed to become the American Empire? Is there, even now, an American Julius Caesar out there planning to seize power? I hope not. Maybe we have managed to arrange things a little better than those old Romans. Then again, their republic lasted almost 500 years before it collapsed, and the Empire lasted another 500 years. We will be lucky to last half as long.
- What problems did the roman republic face (wiki.answers.com)
- What are some pros and cons of the roman republic (wiki.answers.com)
- The Gracchi Murders (pinkbananaworld.com) The assassination of the Gracchi is what started the downfall of the Republic.
- Jesse Jackson Jr: Congress is in Rebellion (outsidethebeltway.com)
Here is what started me on such gloomy reflections.
Illinois Democratic Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. told The Daily Caller on Wednesday that congressional opposition to the American Jobs Act is akin to the Confederate “states in rebellion.”
Jackson called for full government employment of the 15 million unemployed and said that Obama should “declare a national emergency” and take “extra-constitutional” action “administratively” — without the approval of Congress — to tackle unemployment.
“I hope the president continues to exercise extraordinary constitutional means, based on the history of Congresses that have been in rebellion in the past,” Jackson said. “He’s looking administratively for ways to advance the causes of the American people, because this Congress is completely dysfunctional.”
The Republic no longer functions. Hail Caesar Obama!!